- Title: The Screaming Stone
- Author: J.P. Osterman
- Cover: I love this cover, it's simple, and bright, and right from the cover you know that the MC has a relationship with her grandfather.
- Synopsis of the book: Meet mischievous Marcie, part of a family with large secrets. Trying to make sense of her mother's crazed actions Marcie looks to her strange cousin Robbie and the adults around her fro direction. After dead Uncle Charlie's funeral, they embark on a quest to find answers to questions that have puzzled their family since the Civil War. Sifting through lies, secrets, and Irish folk tales, Marcie believes "The Screaming Stone" contains the magic to uncover the truth and lead them to the hidden treasure.
- Your Thoughts On The Book: The Screaming Stone starts right off with that sense of adventure that you get only when you're a kid, reliving your childhood, or reading a good book. I love Marcie and her cousin Robbie's characters, they are well written and enjoyable to read. This is a book filled with family secrets, and a family torn apart by secrets and lies. By the title you would think that this is a fantasy book, but it's not, even so, this is a really good read.
- Would you Recommend the book?: YesOver All Rating (1-10): 8
The Screaming Stone will be available on Amazon, within the next couple of weeks.
Tuesday, July 5, 2011
Review The Screaming Stone by J.P. Osterman
We got an email from J.P. sometime in April asking us if we wanted to review her book, now there had been a lot going on that month and I hadn't checked the email, I was ALMOST to late to get my hands on this wonderful ARC--For those of you who don't know what an ARC is, it is an Advanced Readers Copy. It has taken me a while to sit down and read it, mainly because my life has become pretty busy lately (as you can tell with my lack of reviews) but man I'm glad I sat down and read this book.